Thursday, July 10, 2008

CRM Webservices and .Net 3.5

Now, I haven't done a lot of experimenting on this but I ran into a bit of a pain today.

I typically stick to doing development against the provided .dlls and not by adding web services. It poses it's own problems but also has it's advantages (for example, you don't actually have to have a CRM instance going to do CRM development. Nice!).

I find that the MetadataService in the SDK dll's is sorely lacking (and in many ways completely non-functional) so I had to add it in as a webservice. However, with VS 2008 and .Net 3.5, the services weren't adding in correctly. For example, I didn't get a MetadataService proxy class. Kinda important, you'd think...

Thank God for the "Advanced" button and being able to add a .Net 2.0 style web service in. Problem solved!

=-}

No comments: